London ESF 2007-13: Programme Report – Extending Employment Opportunities
The Greater London Authority commissioned the Centre for Economic and Social Inclusion to produce this report to inform the London Enterprise Panel and future ESF commissioners. The overall aim is to examine performance across the 2007-2013 ESF programme to understand how outcomes can be increased for the new programme.
London was allocated £410m of ESF funding for the 2007-13 programme, and has been allocated £465m for the next ESF 2014-2020 funding period. This report brings together regional evidence of ESF priority 1 (extending employment opportunities) funded provision to make recommendations on steps that could make future ESF programmes more effective.
Research for this report included:
- interviews with staff from the co-financing organisations (Greater London Authority, Department for Work and Pensions, Skills Funding Agency, National Offender Management Service, and London Councils)
- interviews and a focus group with providers of services commissioned in ESF 2007-13 in London
- compilation and analysis of unit cost and performance data
- review of relevant literature
- a workshop to test emerging recommendations.