National Forum for Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise Sector Learning and Skills
The Forum seeks to build the capacity of the Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) sector to engage and support excluded adults into learning. It brings together a range of VCSE organisations working at national, regional and local levels including sector bodies, networks and providers. It provides opportunities to develop and share perspectives on learning and skills policies and programmes, and to speak directly with Government officials.
The Forum aims to:
- Identify key strategic issues for learning and skills support, development and delivery through the VCSE sector, and formulate practical responses to these
- Share practice and information in areas of strategic and operational significance to learning and skills support, development and delivery through the VCSE sector
- Work collaboratively with other networks involving VCSE learning and skills providers to support the sector and promote its perspectives on practice and policy
- Communicate via its members with the wider VCSE sector.
It has provided a voice to influence national and local policy development and implementation on key issues, including the funding of learning in the VCSE sector.
Members are drawn from:
- VCSE organisations that engage with learning and skills in diverse ways including outreach, delivery, learner support and policy and strategy
- Government Departments with policy responsibility for areas relevant to VCSE engagement with learning and skills
- Other stakeholders whose work impacts significantly on VCSE engagement with learning and skills.
The group has open membership and if your organisation is interested in contributing to its work, we would be delighted to hear from you.
For further information or to get in touch, please contact Susan Charlish.