Expression of interest: Driving best practice in pre-apprenticeships across Europe
Pre-apprenticeships – driving best practice across Europe
Invitation to knowledge exchange event
30 October 2018 09:45 – 15:30 in London
Please complete the expression of interest form here by 28 September 2018.
Don’t forget to apply for a place at our knowledge exchange event ‘Driving best practice in pre-apprenticeships across Europe’. Please note that this is a free event and we are pleased to be able to offer delegates up to £250 per person towards travel costs. To apply for a place please complete the expression of interest form below by 28th September.
We also invite you to attend our free knowledge exchange webinar on 9th October 2018. The webinar will be an opportunity to learn about our research on pre-apprenticeships across Europe, and to find out what to expect at the upcoming event in London. Please register your interest in the webinar by emailing Seana Friel.
You are welcome to forward this email to individuals or organisations who may be interested in attending the webinar and/or the event. We are pleased to invite you to our knowledge exchange event, ‘Pre-apprenticeships – driving best practice across Europe’, in collaboration with J.P Morgan.
This event is a key part of a wider project that L&W is delivering, which will enable providers to deliver high quality pre-apprenticeship programmes that provide inclusive pathways to apprenticeships for young people.
We look forward to welcoming a range of providers and organisations to the event. This includes both existing pre-apprenticeship providers and organisations who are interested in setting up and delivering new programmes.
The aim of the event is to give delegates direct insight into the design and delivery of some of Europe’s most effective pre-apprenticeship programmes. The event will provide an opportunity for you to:
- Learn about a range of pre-apprenticeship models across Europe.
- Gain inspiration and practical ideas about ways to develop your own pre-apprenticeship programmes.
- Showcase your pre-apprenticeship programme on a European level.
You will have the opportunity to engage in a range of discussions, including:
- Which approaches to recruitment and ongoing assessment are most effective in the delivery of inclusive and high-quality pre-apprenticeships
- What are the most effective ways of engaging employers in pre-apprenticeship programmes?
- Which partners should be involved in designing and delivering pre-apprenticeships, and what contribution can they make in securing positive outcomes for young people?
- Embedding basic, vocational and social skills in pre-apprenticeships – what approaches motivate and engage young people, and secure most impact?
- How can programmes be personalised to meet the individual needs of young people?
If you have any questions, please contact Seana Friel.